She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, August 1, 2020

SARATOGA PICKS -- 8/1/20

A huge day at Saratoga today, with four stakes races in the last four races, so that's where I'm headed with today's picks. It's a Pick Four also, so play it accordingly.


RACE 9 -- WHITNEY (GI) -- $750K -- 1-1/8th miles

5 -- Tom's d ' Etat
2 -- Improbable
3 -- Code of Honor
1 -- By My Standards



RACE 10 -- ALLEN JERKINS STAKES (GI) -- $300K -- 7 furlongs

6 -- No Parole
11 -- Tap It To Win
4 -- Echo Town
2 -- Eight Rings


RACE 11 -- BOWLING GREEN STAKES (GII) -- $250K -- 1-3/8th miles (TURF) 

6 -- Sadler's Joy
3 -- Channel Maker
4 -- Dot Matrix
2 -- Cross Border


RACE 12 -- CARESS STAKES -- $200K -- 5-1/2 furlongs (TURF) 

7 -- Palika
2 -- I'llhandalthecash
6 -- Mother Mother
3 -- Sweet Bye and Bye



Betting strategy:

I'm going to take my top four picks in Race 9, my top three picks in Race 10, my top four picks in Race 11 and go deep in Race 12 -- with my top four picks, plus adding #4 Introduced, #5 Jakarta and #9 Cariba. 

The Ticket: 

1,2,3,5
4,6,11
2,4,5,6
2,3,4,5,6,7

Cost $168.

  I'm "up" on Saratoga, so I can put out a little more $$$$. If you want to "trim" your ticket, you might just single Tom's d' Etat in Race 9 and get out of the sequence with a $42 ticket. I'm going with the ol' philosophy that "Saratoga is the graveyard of favorites" and I want to make sure I'm still "alive" after Race 9.


Good luck today!

paulie
xxxxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.