She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, August 30, 2020

SARATOGA RESULTS 8/29/20

 A rough day with the selections yesterday in the final five races at Saratoga. I gave you 26 horses to consider, we had one scratch, so the total ended up 25. Out of those, I had two winners, four seconds and four thirds. That 40% "in the money" percentage is nothing to brag about. Out of the 15 possible payout spots, I had ten of them for a 66% success rate. 

Race Seven started well enough, as I took the top three in the finishing order in the Amsterdam. Yaupon look like the real deal, winning at 7/5 odds. 

Race Eight wasn't as good. I gave you six to consider and couldn't get any of them in the money. Win Win Win got the win here and went off at 7-1 odds. 

Race Nine got me again, as far as the winner went, I finished second and third with my picks. Channel Maker looked good in trouncing the field and rewarded backers at 8-1 odds.

Race Ten brought success as I covered the top three finishers. Spun d'Etat went off at 5/2 odds and out-dueled Jouster for the victory. 

Race eleven closed out the day of near misses. Bustin Scones upset heavy favorite Eloquent Spender to close the card. A nice return at 7-1. 

The sloppy main track conditions and wet turf yesterday at Saratoga no doubt affeced some of the picks I made. What started out as a muddy track got worse and my handicapping was for a fast track, so -- that's how it goes somedays. 

So, we'll see ya Tuesday with a week of Churchill! I'd normally be excited to have them back in Louisville, but with no fan attendance mandates in place, it'll be a bit different. I'm tired of 202o...how about you? 

paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.