She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, August 16, 2020

SARATOGA RESULTS 8/15/20

A promsing late Pick 4 yesterday at Saratoga turned on its eaar and demolished when 36-1 shot Freedom and Whisky made a late move in the stretch, split horses and got the win. That's horse racing and always a possibility in maiden claiming events. I thought my coverage was solid, I was five "deep" in the race but ran second, third and fourth. 

On the day I gave you 17 horses in the four race sequence that I thought had a chance of "hitting the board". Out of those, I had three winners, three seconds and three thirds. That's a 53% "in the money" percentage and I cover nine of the 12 "payout" slots for a 75% success rate.

In Race 8, the hot hand of Irad Ortiz, Jr continued when Domestic Spending held off hard-charging Gufo at the wire to get the win and pay $16.40.

How about Swiss Skydiver in the Alabama Stakes in Race 9 !! She proved she can be a viable foe in the upcoming Kentucky Oaks against Gamine and ...maybe...Speech with her five-length (or better) win. She simply said "Bye Bye" to the field in the sttretch and paid $4.30 to win as the even money favorite. 

Race 10 was a battle that New York's Finest eventually won in knocking off favorite Shiraz and Maxwell Esquire. That turned out to be a nice exacta and trifecta for you if you went those routes and the winner returned $15.20 

Then...the final. Credit to the winner Freedom and Whisky for finding that hole to get through in the stretch and nose past Mommie's Jewel and Bricco. I thought I had the Pick 4 until the final furlong.

The Pick 4 paid a whopping $3185.25 on the .50 cent ticket with numbers 4-5-5-10

We'll try again next week. 


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.