She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, August 15, 2020

SARATOGA ENTRIES/PICKS 8/15/20

 A little bit of everything in the final four races at Saratoga today, some great handicapping challenges and huge stakes races! I tackle Races 8-11 and see if I can capture the late Pick 4.


RACE 8 -- SARATOGA DERBY -- $500K -- 1-3/16TH MILES (TURF) 

2 -- DECORATED INVADER

7 -- FIELD PASS

5 -- GUFO

6 -- COLONEL LIAM

(ALSO CONSIDER -- 1 -- BAMA BREEZE



RACE 9 -- ALABAMA (GI) -- $500K -- 1-1/4TH MILES

5 -- SWISS SKYDIVER

2 -- SPICE IS NICE

6 -- HARVEY'S LIL GORL

3 -- CRYSTAL BALL



RACE 10 -- OPT. CLAIMING -- $40k -- 6-1/2 FURLONGS (TURF) 

2 -- SHIRAZ

1 -- MAXWELL ESQUIRE 

5 -- NEW YORK'S FINEST

9 -- BUSTIN SHOUT

(ALSO CONSIDER) -- 4 -- CALL ME HARRY



RACE 11 -- MAIDEN CLAIMING -- $40K -- 1 MILE (TURF)

4 -- BRICCO

6 -- MICHAEL'S BAD BOY

9 -- HIGH TONE  (scratched)

8 -- MOMMIE'S JEWEL

(ALSO CONSIDER) -- 3--BRICKYARD, 12 -- SIDD FINCH


(If scratches occur, I'll jump back in to update, so check back if that happens)


The Play

I'm going to go deep in Race 8 (Saratoga Derby) and play all five horses I mentioned above. In  Race 9 -- The Alabama, I'll use just two horses -- Swiss Skydiver and Spice Is Nice. You might consider "singling here" with Swiss Skydiver, but I'm adding Spice Is Nice because he is a closer. Race 10 I'll play all five of the horses listed above. In the final (Race 11) I'll get that security and go five deep with the ones I listed. 

The Cost

$125  for the .50 cent play.

The Numbers

1,2,5,6,7

2,5

1,2,4,5,9

3,4,6,8,12

Good luck today! 

paulie






No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.