She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, August 9, 2020

SARATOGA RESULTS 8/8 -- ELLIS PARK PICKS -- 8/9

A good day for handicapping yesterday at Saratoga! I outlined the late Pick 5 for you and hit it for $382.75.

I gave you 21 horses to consider over the five races. Out of those, I had five winners, four places and five shows. That's a 67% "in the money percentage. If you look at the 15 possible payout slots in the five races, I filled 93% of those. True, the fields were smallish, but, consider that no favorites won in the first three races of the sequence. 

I outlined two different ways to play the sequence and both were successful. 

Race 7 was a battle between Serengeti Empress and Bellafina. Serengeti Empress got the win but both horses showed why they are consider among the best in the older fillies and mares racing today. Serengeti paid $8.30 to win as the second favorite. I gave you the exacta and trifecta.

Race 8 is  where we caught a little luck that would bump the payout up. Inprimis was clearly the best but got disqualified and placed third because of a bit of bumping in the stretch. That gave American Sailor the win and moved up Shekky Shebaz.to second. THe wnner paid a handsome $16.80 to win and I had the exacta and  trifecta again. 

Race 9 was a bit of a surprise for some when My Sister Nat got the win over Ms Sippy and Fool's Gold. As my top pick, My Sister Nat paid $6.90 and we had the exacta and trifecta again.

Race 10 belonged to Gamine. Venetian Harbor tried but was no match for the best three-year old filly racing today. The odds bore out she was the right choice, if you singled here, good for you. Gamine paid $2.60 to win and I provided the exacta and trifecta again. 

Race 11 proved that Tiz The Law is the probable odds-on Kentucky Derby favorite. He romped these at 1/2 odds and paid $3.00 to win, Max Player (3rd) and Uncle Chuck tried but just didn't have it in the stretch. 

********************************************************************************************************


A huge card at Ellis Park today, ending with the Ellis Park Derby. I looked at the final five races in this VERY FULL card of races and wondered how to play it. I still haven't decided, so I'm just going to outline my top four and give you "an extra to consider" in the first four. 

With big fields and very warm conditions today at Ellis, there are scratch possibilities, so check back later and I'll try to make the necessary changes..

TODAY'S SELECTIONS ARE LISTED IN POST POSITION ORDER, NOT IN PREFERENCE


RACE 6 -- DEBUTANTE STAKES -- 100K -- 7 FURLONGS 

4 -- CRAZY BEAUTIFUL

5 -- YOGURT

9 -- HIPNOTIZADA

11 -- LACEY BOSS

(also consider #2 WHOLEBODEMEISTER)


RACE 7 -- ALLOWANCE -- 44K -- 1-1/16TH MILE (TURF) 

4 -- UNCAPPED

6 -- BELIEVEINHOLIDAYS

9 -- BIG BEAAUTIFUL WALL

11 -- SHARECROPPER

(also consider #3 ON BASE) 


RACE 8 -- AUDUBON OAKS -- 100K -- SEVEN FURLONGS

2 -- HELLO BEAUTIFUL

4 -- SCONSIN

5 -- CASUAL

10 -- MUNDAYE CALL

(also consider #1 LASTCHANCEFORLOVE) 


RACE 9 -- GROUPIE DOLL STAKES -- 100K -- 1 MILE

7 -- LADY KATE

8 -- NEW ROO

9 -- DOS VINOS

12 -- STREET BAND 

(also consider #1 LADY APPLE and #6 WITH DIGNITY)


RACE 10 -- ELLIS PARK DERBY -- 200K -- 1-1/8TH MILE

2 -- ANNEAU D'OR

4 -- ART COLLECTOR

9 -- DEAN MARTINI 

12 -- SHARED SENSE. 


Good luck today! 

paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.