She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, August 23, 2020

SARATOGA RESULTS 8/22/20

 Despite all the scratches on yesterday's Saratoga card, I did some selection scrambling and changing and managed to take down the late Pick 4. The .50 wager on it paid $285.00, so it was another profitable day. 

I gave you 21 horses originally to consider. Scratches knocked that down to 18. Out of those 18, I had four winners, four seconds and three thirds. That's a 61% "in the money" percentage. When you consider there were a total of 12 "payable" spots available and I hit 11 of them, I'll take the 92% success rate there. 


In Race Seven, the scratch of Lonesome Fugitive changed the whole nature of the race, but, I gave you Kingmeister and he was dominant against the rest. He went off at 3-2 odds, but was not the favorite. In fact, no favorites got the job done in the four race closing sequence -- adding credence to the saying that "Saratoga is the graveyard of favorites". Plot the Dots went off as the favorite and ran second. 

Race Eight saw the populace load up on the 1-1A entry of Legit and Blewit, but it was 5-1 Seaform who had the stretch move to pass them all. The entry favorites ran 2nd and 3rd. My original top pick, It's All Relevant, was a scratch and that dramatically changed the nature of the race. 

Race Nine, the FourStarDave, had a spectacular field, including four entries from Chad Brown, but it was Todd Pletcher's Halladay at 5-1 who got the best of the field. Uni was my top pick and never got interested in the race. You have to admire the effort of second place finisher Got Stormy, he came flying at the end but just didn't have enough to catch Halladay. 

Race Ten was a race where I went deep. I'm glad I did. The prohibitive favorite, Rakeez, scratched out of the race. That cause a dramatic change in the betting and dropped a horse I considered an "keep an eye on" swquence addition to drop to 3-1 odds. Letterman got it done, though, and completed the Pick 4 for me. 

Saratoga has a mandatory payout on the popular Empire six today, where you try and select the winners out the final six races. It's a .20 cent wager and, obviously, a tough prize to capture. Since I'm up in profits on Saratoga, I'll give it a try and post my picks here later today.

paulie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.