She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Saratoga Results 7-25-20


An O.K. day yesterday in my Saratoga prognostications. I fell short of the intended objective -- hitting the late Pick 4 -- but had a few winners and exactas. 

I had all 16 horses that I had in my picks from yesterday go to post. Out of them, I had three winners, three seconds and a third. That's a 44% "in the money" percentage. We captured seven of the 12 possible "payout" spots in the four race sequence...good for a 58% percentage. A little lower than it the past weeks. 

The 9th Race really stymied me. None of my four picks hit the board and the winner (Turbo Drive) paid $36.60 to win. 

I started out the Pick 4 well, with my top pick Prioritize hitting the wire first and my second choice Money Moves finishing second. That exacta paid $26.60 and if you tossed my fifth pick in...Locally Owned -- you got rewarded with a $113 trifecta. 

Race 10 -- The Vanderbilt Handicap -- was just a four house race and my top picks finished one, two, three and fourth. Volatile handled the others easily and paid $2.60 to win. The exacta returned $8.90

In Race 11, I had the exacta of Timeless Journey ($8.00) to win, and Micromillion. That combo paid $30.60. 


The Pick 4 returned $893.  It would have been nice to have, but we can't win them all, I guess. 

I'll give it a go again next Saturday. Wither Saratoga or maybe Ellis Park, I'll look at the respective cards and make the call then. 



paulie
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.