She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Keeneland Results -- 7/11/20

An exciting day of stakes racing at Keeneland yesterday, with six stakes races on the card. 

I handicapped each of the six for you and had some successes. 

No scratches in the 24 horses I suggested. (Six races and four horses per race). Out of the picks, I had five winners, six seconds and five thirds. That's a 66% "in the money" percentage. When you consider there were 18 "payouts" available, we filled 16 of them for a sparkling 88% accuracy. 

Let's review: 

Race 4 -- In the Appalachian Stakes, we swept the board with my fourth pick (Enola Gay) knocking off my third pick (Walk In Marrakesh) who finished second, and my top pick (Alms) coming in third. The winner paid $12.60 to win and we gave you the exacta ($55.60) and the trifecta ($85.00). 

Race 5 -- Favorite Gurana, my top pick in the Madison Stakes, held off the stubborn Mia Mischief (my second pick) and Bell's the One (my third pick) and paid $3.00 to win. The exacta was worth $15.00 and the trifecta $39.80 and I had them both. 

Race 6 -- The Shakertown Stakes was the only real surprise of the stakes races, as 10-1 Leinster, bested my fourth pick (Totally Boss) and my second pick (Bound For Nowhere).
A $22.40 win payout, if you were lucky enough to have it. The exacta returned $145 and the trifecta a whopping $1415.20. The sad news here is that I've used Leinster here at Paulie Picks plenty of times in the past, but had him rated fifth in this field and put in Extravagent Kid instead..., who did absolutely nothing...along with my top pick Wildman Jack, who must have stopped for a dog and beer somewhere in the backstretch. . I could kick myself....

Race 7 -- In the Ashland Stakes, Speech, (my second pick) got the best of my top pick Venetian Harbor, for the win. I also gave you the third place finisher (Envoutante). A $10.00 win ticket for you. The exacta brought back $20.00 and the trifecta paid $42.00 

Race 8 -- Rushing Fall blew them away in the Jenny Wiley Stakes and she was my top pick. My second pick Jolie Olimpica ran second. $3.80 to win on Rushing Fall. An exacta payout of $20.20 and the trifecta paid $62.40.

Race 9 -- The main event, the Bluegrass Stakes, gave you Art Collector (my second pick) knocking off my first pick Swiss Skydiver pretty easily in the stretch. My third pick Rushie far. far back in third. $6.60 to win on Art Collector, the exacta got you $24.20 and the trifecta was worth $122.40. 

So, my suggestion on a possible Pick 6 didn't hit. I did hit one of the two Pick 3's I tried. 

The play yesterday was probably playing trifectas. If you had spent $48 per race, your layout would have been $288. You would have gotten back $352. I kept it simple and just did six $2 exactas, so I paid out $144 and got back $134. 

Keeneland ends today (Sunday) and the horses return to Ellis. Saratoga starts next week also and I'll probably opt out and handicap the caards in New York instead of the Ellis card. 

See you then!

paulie
xxxxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.