She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Keeneland Picks -- Wood Memorial and Santa Anita Derby -- 4/3/21

 

A great day of racing returns to the Blue Grass as Keeneland features a multitude of stakes races, including Derby qualifier The Blue Grass Stakes. Also, two other Derby preps in the Wood Memorial and Santa Anita Derby.

I'll chase the Late Pick 4 at Keeneland today and also look at the Wood and Santa Anita. 


KEENELAND


RACE 8 -- SHAKERTOWN STAKES -- GII -- $200K -- 5-1/2 FURLONGS (TURF) 

2 -- IMPRISIS

13 -- BOUND FOR NOWHERE

12 -- THE CRITICAL WAY

9 -- JUST MIGHT

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR -- 7 - KANTHAKA


RACE 9 -- ASHLAND STAKES -- GI -- $400K -- 1-1/16TH MILE

5 -- MALATHAAT

3 -- SIMPLY RAVISHING

6 -- WILL'S SECRET

2 -- PASS THE CHAMPAGNE

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR -- CURLIN'S CATCH) 


RACE 10 -- THE MADISON STAKES -- GI -- $300K -- SEVEN FURLONGS 

5 -- KIMARI

4 -- BELL'S THE ONE

6 -- SCONSIN

1 -- SANENUS

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR -- 7 -- FAIR MAIDEN) 


RACE 11 -- THE BLUE GRASS STAKES -- GII -- $800K -- 1-1/8TH MILE

4 -- ESSENTIAL QUALITY

3 -- HIGHLY MOTIVATED

2 -- UNTREATED 

1 -- HIDDEN STASH

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR -- 5 -- RAMBAUER) 


WOOD MEMORIAL 

4 -- RISK TAKER

6 -- PREVALENCE 

8 -- WEYBURN

7 -- CANDY MAN ROCKET


SANTA ANITA DERBY

7 -- MEDINA SPIRIT

8 -- LAW PROFESSOR

10 -- DEFUNDED

2 -- DREAM SHAKE


THE PLAY: 


I'll do the .50 late Pick 4 at Keeneland (Races 8-11) and use my top four picks in each races. 

Cost: $ 128

At the Wood, I'll take my top four picks and build a $1 Pick 3 ending with the Wood Memorial. I'll use (5) Modernist, (4) Limonite and (7) Mr Buff in Race 8, then, in Race 9, use (8) Search Results, (3) Mia Martina (5) The Grass Is Blue and (6) Alwayz Late.   Cost:  $48

At Santa Anita, I'll use my top four picks in the Santa Anita Derby (Race 8)  and then go to Race Nine and use (3) Charmaine's Mia and (2) Tapwater and (5) Raymundo's Secret. I'll end with Race 10 and use (5) Becca's Secret, (8) Pawnee and (9) Pray For My Owner.   Cost:  $18.


Good luck today and enjoy the races ! 


paulie




No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.