She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Thursday, April 29, 2021

CHURCHILL DOWNS PICKS -- 4/29/21

 

Yes, it's going to be a wet and sloppy "Thurby" out at Churchill Downs this Thursday. I don't know at this time what will remain on the turf in the Late Pick 4 sequence (Races 9 and 10 are scheduled for the grass) and who will scratch, but I will endeavor to jump back in here with updates, so be sure to check back. 

A challenging Late Pick 4 sequence with two stakes races (The Opening Verse and Unbridled Sidney) a good allowance affair and a Maiden race to close out the day's activities. 


Happy Thurby to you !  This used to be a "can't miss" day for me out at the track. With the weather and my bum knee, though, I'll be watching on-line and trying not to fall asleep in my recliner.


Someday, I may write a book about my "Thursdays leading into Fridays" experiences at Churchill with Tommy Boy, Vince and the boys from St. Louis, Brother Ron, walking the facilities with John Asher looking for my cell-phone, "The Post" on Longfield Ave, singing with the band at 1 a.m., drunk tellers, interesting rides home as the sun was coming up and the celebrities/people I've run into.

Memorable, ridiculous, blurry, downright scandalous and unbelievable...all in a 18-hour period. There might have been beverages involved...

Here we go...


******************PICKS REVIEWED AND UPDATED AT 2:30 P.M.******************


CHURCHILL DOWNS 


RACE 8 -- OPENING VERSE STAKES -- $130K -- ONE MILE -- (TURF) 


8 -- CAPTIVATING MOON

7 -- SNAPPER SINCLAIR

2 -- SAYYAAT

1 -- GRAY'S FABLE

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR:  3 -- SUGOI, 4 -- LOGICAL MOON) 


RACE 9 -- ALLOWANCE -- $118K -- SIX FURLONGS


1 -- PRIMACY

7 -- SKINNY DIP 

3 -- BOURBINA

2 -- BREAK CURFEW

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR:  5 -- LISTEN UP, 4 -- SHE'S STUCK UP) 


RACE 10 -- UNBRIDLED SIDNEY STAKES -- $150K -- 5-1/2 FURLONGS (TURF) 


4 -- OLEKSANDRA

2 -- INTO MYSTIC

2 -- CHANGE OF CONTROL

9 -- ELLE Z 

( IF SCRATCHES OCCUR:  8 -- SHESONTHEWARPATH,  10 -- YES IT'S GINGER)


RACE 11 -- MAIDEN -- 30K -- SEVEN FURLONGS


7 -- LEMON AND DIEM

8 -- BOLD ADVENTURE

3 -- EAGLE CAP

4 -- NO OBLIGATION 

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR -- 2-- SOUTHERN WILL,  1 -- STUD PUPPY


                                            ****************************


THE PLAY: 

I'll go with my top four picks in Races 8-10, as they stand now, but will keep an eye out for scratches and if anything gets pulled off the turf, so they might change.  BE SURE TO CHECK BACK !!  In Race 11, I MIGHT even to go six deep, this is a wide open maiden race and I'll throw in my "if scratches occur" horses as well as my top four picks: 

1,2,7,8 / 1,2,3,7 / 1,2,4,9 / 1,2 3,4,7.8


Cost:  $192


Good Luck Today ! 

  

I also looked at Race 6 and will bet an trifecta box on 4--Keep Your Distance, 7-- Centerfold Angel and 3 -- Radiantrhythm


***************** PICKS REVIEWED AND UPDATED 2:30 P.M.****************


                                             *****************************


GOOD LUCK TODAY AND BE SURE TO CHECK BACK FOR SCRATCHES AND CHANGES ! 


paulie



No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.