She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Thursday, April 29, 2021

CHURCHILL DOWNS RESULTS -- 4/28/21

 WE WERE WARNED ABOUT THE RAIN WEDNESDAY AND IT EVENTUALLY SHOWED UP BEFORE THE 7TH RACE AT CHURCHILL. A DELUGE THAT CAUSED A DELAY IN RACING, A MOVE FROM TURF TO DIRT FOR THE SEVENTH RACE AND A SCRATCH OF ALL MY PICKS IN RACE SEVEN. 

On the day, I had 12 break from the gate, had three winners, two seconds and three thirds. That's a 66% "in the money" percentage and I filled eight of the nine "payable" spots for a not, too shabby 89% success rate. 

Yeah, Mother Nature wasn't having it for a Paulie Picks Late Pick 4. All six  horses I originally laid out for you didn't go in the seventh race, the field was dropped to five runners... so I skipped the Pick 4 and concentrated on a Late Pick 3 (Races 8-10). For what's it worth, they gave you the post-time favorite in Race 7 if you had scratches, that one ran second to MEET THE BEAUTY, who seemed to love the sloppy conditions and skipped home at 7/2 odds. 

RACE 8  -- I got the win with HE'S IN CHARGE, who went off at 2-1. THE BIG KAHUNA , another of my picks, got third. 

RACE 9 -- I loved AVERLY JANE in the Kentucky Juvenile Stakes and she proved to be the best with a convincing stretch move that got her home about 4 lengths in front. So did everyone else, she went off at 1-2 odds. I also had VODKA AND WATER (as a pick, not a race-watching beverage) who ran second and BOHEMIAN FROST WHO GOT THIRD. Scratched was KAUFYMAKER, who I really liked, keep an eye out for that one when that filly runs next. 

RACE 10 -- BEAR ALLEY (6/5) proved to be the best, another of my picks, and COOL RAGS managed third. ORNERY got scratched.  


The Late Pick 3 paid a pitiful $6.70 on the .50 cent wager, so I lost $26 there. If you played the Late Pick 4, it returned $90.95 with the numbers 5,3/3,4/3,5  getting you $90.95 on the .50 cent wager. 


In the second race I did point toward Big Nick, but he ran second by about five lengths. Still, accrose the board made you pocket change -- a $2 Win, Place Show bet ($6) brought back $6.20, 


******I'll be back later this morning with Thursday (or Thurby's) Picks for Churchill******

. Expect a sloppy track, y'all. 


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.