She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, May 1, 2021

CHURCHILL DOWNS RESULTS 4/30/21

 Yesterday was Oaks Day of Derby Week and the six stakes races on the card were my focus.

Not a bad day, overall.  I had five of the six winners, three places and a show out of my 24 picks.  That's a 37.5% "in the money" number.  I filled nine of th 18 possible "payout" spots for a 50% success rate. We'll try to do better than that today, and I'll have those Derby Day Picks up later this morning. Let's review the Friday. 

RACE 6 -- I had the top two finishers in the Alysheba, MAXFIELD, AT 1/2 , and VISITANT for second. That exacta got you $22.60. 

RACE 7 -- GIFT LIST pulled the upset of AUNT PEARL and I had him in my picks. A nice 4-1 payout on the winner of the Edgewood

RACE 8 -- In the LaTroienne, it was the favorite SHEDARESTHE DEVIL getting to the finish line first at 8-5 odds. I had that one and the third-place finisher FINITE in my selections. That Pick 3 paid $21.55 on the .50 cent wager. 

RACE 9 -- Longshot OBILGATORY hit the line first at 16-1 odds. I didn't have that one, just the second place finisher, DAYOUTOFTHEOFFICE in the Eight Belles

RACE 10 -- FIRST BOAT got it done in the Turf Sprint at 4-1 odds with a exciting stretch run. I had that one in my picks. 

RACE 11 -- The Kentucky Oaks went to favorite MALATHAAT (5/2) and I had her and second place finisher SEARCH RESULTS as well.  My picks ran first, second, fourth and fifth in the OAKS -- just barely (by a nose) missing the superfecta.    The Pick 4 (Races 8-11) returned $384.50 on the .50 cent wager. 


                                    **********************************************


I'LL BE BACK LATER THIS MORNING WITH MY DERBY SELECTIONS. SEVEN STAKES RACES ON TAP FOR DERBY DAY, WE'LL LOOK AT THEM ALL !!


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.