She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, September 13, 2020

KENTUCKY DOWNS RESULTS 9/12/20

 I had a good day on the turf yesterday at Kentucky Downs. I handicapped the final five races of the day, all stakes races, then didn't watch a single one of them until Sunday morning. (Football, you know.)

I hit the .50 cent Pick 5 and, in one of those pleasant rarities, I got paid twice on in. Since I wasn't watching, I didn't realize that one of my picks in Race 11 got scratched (Bound For Nowhere) so, I got the post time favorite, who won! I'll accept the $516 with no hesitation. The humor in it is that, if I had been watching, I'd substituted one of my alternate horses, who ran third, and got paid only once.  

On the day, with scratches and such, I gave you 21 horses to consider in the five races. Out of those, I had five winners, three places and four shows. That's a not too shabby 57% " in the money" percentage. When you consider there were 15 "payable" spots to fill, I filled 12 of them for an impressive 80% success rate. 

Race 7 ended with Regal Glory hitting the wire first. He was the favorite, favorites were hitting a lot in the final five races, and paid $4.80 to win  with Jose Ortiz on board. 

Race 8 was easily taken by Got Stormy. One of the best filly and mare turf sprinters running, she paid $5.80 to win and Tyler Gaffalione was on board. That 6-1/2 furlong time of 1:15:41 is very impressive. 

Race 9 was a two-horse battle between Outadore and Fauci down the turf stretch and Outadore prevailed. You got $5.60 on the win here (as the second favorite) and Irad Ortiz, Jr. got the win in the saddle. 

Race 10 featured a battle between Arklow and Zulu Alpha most of the stretch and Arklow pulled away for the win. You got a $13.60 payout for the win in Race 10 and Florent Geroux picked up the "W". 

Race 11 was a battle, but, favorite Imprimis, nosed ahead in the final yards and got to the wire first. At 2-1, you got $8.00 for the win and Irad Ortiz, Jr got his second stakes win of the day and fourth win for the card. 

The Pick 5 paid $258. If you went for the Pick 4, you were rewarded with $158 on the .50 venture.

We'll see ya next week!


paulie


No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.