She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, September 6, 2020

KENTUCKY DERBY RESULTS 9-5-20

 A day of some successes at Churchill on a day where only one favorite won in 14 races. Derby Day, despite the lower attendance, sone excellent racing on the dirt and turf. 

I handicapped all 14 races (yes, I'm still brain dead from that) and gave you 56 horses to consider. Out of those, I had nine winners, eleven places and eleven shows. That was good for a 55%  "in the money" percentage. When you cpnsider there were 42 "payable" sports available...I filled 74% of them. 

Seven exactas, and three trifectas -- plus three Pick 3's. So, I'll settle for that. 

On the winners -- I got rewarded with a few nice payoffs. $18.60, $10, $11.60, $10.40 and $18.80. 

On the exactas, playing a four-horse box for $1 ($12.00)  x 14 times would have cost you $168. You would have gotten back $253. 

To take the statistics to an even further level, let's say you put $2 across the board on all 56 horses. That would have cost you $336. You would have got back $303. A -$36 effort for the day.  

I went the "rolling" Pick 3 route. At the .50 level, I had 12 wagers at $32 a wager for a total cost of $384. My return was $629.  I'll take the $245 profit for the day.

 

                                          ******************


I hope you had a good Derby. It seemed so different, not going to the annual party I've attended for the last 30+ years, at four different locations over the years--  (way too many people...traditionally... and no need to risk it with COVID out there) and just watched it with a few friends, grilled out and had a couple of "beverages".  It was OK, but I missed seeing a lot of the "regulars". Hopefully, next year.  

paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.