She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, September 20, 2020

CHURCHILL RESULTS -- 9/19./20

 A beautiful day for racing yesterday at Churchill Downs and, although I had some successes -- I failed to take down the Late Pick Four. I provided 16 horses for yo to consider, had a couple of scratches -- so 14 actually went to post.

Out of those, I had eight finish in the money....three winners, three seconds and two thirds. That was good for a 50% "in the money" percentage. When you consider there were 12 money spots available, and I filled eight of those, the percentage goes up to 66%

Race 7 featured my top pick, Lonely Private, getting the win. He was a 2-1 favorite. I also had the exacta  (3-5) for $27.40 and the trifecta (3-5-7) for $165.60.

Race 8 was the low-light of the sequence for me. #1 Rockpaperscissors got out front and the rest couldn't run him down in the stretch .He was backed at 7-1 odds...I didn't have him.  My second pick Rookery ran second....closing at the end but falling just short. 

Race 9 belonged to my top pick Golden Curl and she won for fun on the turf at 5-2 odds. I also scored an exacta win here. I got $56.00 for the (2-7) running order. I nearly had the trifecta as well...#4 Siamese, who was sent out as the favorite lost a photo for show. That trifecta would have been sweet, it paid $481 for the (2-7-8). 

Race 10 gave us another win, when my top pick It's A Wrap hit the wire first. A even-money winner. I also got a show in Rye Humor, but couldn't come up with the second place finisher (War Detonater). 


The Late Pick 4 paid $207 for the ,50 wager. 

We'll give it a go again next week.


paulie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.