She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, October 10, 2021

KEENELAND RESULTS -- 10/9/21

 Some great stakes racing yesterday at Keeneland -- not the best results for my handicapping efforts though. 

I gave you 20 horses total in the five races (Race 6-10) and out of those, I had three winners, two seconds and four thirds. That 45% "in the money" is nothing to stop the presses over. Out of the 15 possible "payout" spots -- I had nine of them -- I won't boast about a 60% success rate. 

RACE 6 -- It went according to form and my handicapping. GOLDEN PAL (1/2) took the Woodford and got a great ride from John Velasquez. I also had EXTRAVAGENT KID for second and COUNTY FINAL, who got third. At least it was a good start to my handicapping.

RACE 7 -- Even money BELL'S THE ONE was the one in the TCA stakes. Popular Kentucky circuit rider Corey Lanerie had the ride I had him, as well as third place runner ESTILO TALENTOSO

RACE 8 -- BLOWOUT blew by the field to capture the First Lady Stakes at 5-1 with popular west coast jockey Flavian Prat riding for Chad Brown. I had that one, but couldn't come up with a place or show in the race. 

RACE 9 -- Here's where it "blew up" for me. I did not have 9-1 winner Rattle N Roll. Brian Hernandez Jr took this one on an outside path as the entered the start of the final tuen and just demolished the field for the Kenny McPeek horse. I had DOUBLE THUNDER who followed for second and CLASSIC CAUSEWAY who faded to third. Didn't see that one coming.

RACE 10 -- A longshot -- IN LOVE (12-1) moved well in the stretch to take the Turf Mile Stales for Alex Achard and Paula Lobo. I didn't have that one, just SOMELIKEITHOTBROWN for third. 

The Pick 4 paid $1689 on a .50 cent venture. I went a different way -- putting $2 to win on each of my 20 runners. I got back $19.80 on the $40 wager. I didn't get to see any of the races "live" -- I was watching Louisville lose a heartbreaking football game yesterday -- so I didn't know about my beat-down until Sunday morning. 

We'll give it a go next Saturday


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.