She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, October 3, 2021

CHURCHILL RESULTS -- 10/2/21


A interesting, if a bit strange, final four races at Churchill yesterday.

I gave you 16 horses to consider, and had to jump back in to take care of a couple of scratches in the two stakes races of the four I handicapped. Out of the picks I had just two winners, three seconds and two thirds.  A 43% "in the money" isn't up to my usual standards. 58% success in hitting the "payable" spots isn't great either. 


KNICKS GO (2/5) played with the field in the Lukas Classic Stakes before going on to win. INDEPENDENCE HALL followed him home for second and I did have those two picks. It was a nice Breeders Cup tune up for Brad Cox's horse and Joel Rosario did enough to make sure he won and didn't get into any trouble

Race 9 was a disaster. I didn't get any of my four picks in the money. 6-1 SHE CAN"T SING, with Javier Castellano in saddle probably should have been one of my four picks for the racce, butI liked others better. Shows what I know, right? 

In the ACK ACK Stakes, PLAINSMAN (5-1) got it done for Brad Cox and Joel Rosario again. I did lke that one as well as the heavy favorite BEAU LIAM who ran second. 

In the nightcap it was bombs away with 20-1 HAPPY AMERICAN upsetting the rest. I had the second, third and fourth place finishers but could not come up with the Neal Pessin trained, James Graham ridden winner. (You know that James Graham -- he's a cracker) 

The Pick 4 payout (2-11-7-7) was good, not great paying $648.20 on the .50 cent wager. I didn't have it, and congrats if you did, 

The horses move to Keeneland next week. We'll try our luck there.


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.