She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, October 24, 2021

KEENELAND RESULTS -- 10/23/21

 

Ugh. 

What a day at Keeneland yesterday. Let's just pretend they DIDN'T run up there. I handicapped the final four races and gave you sixteen horses I thought might....aw, never mind...only five of my 16 hit the board -- NO WINNERS, two seconds and three thirds. A dismal 31% "in the money" percentage. Filling five of the 12 "payable sports wasn't much better -- 42% is pretty bad, too. 


RACE 7 -- HE'S MYHONEYBADGER (6-1) got the win for Brad Cox and Florent Geroux. I did have PIPELINE, who ran third in the Perryville Stakes. Perryville was the site of a Civil War battle here in Kentucky. Count me among the casualties.

RACE 8 -- MEGACITY (24-1) surprised the field with Joe Rocco on board. The Michael Tomlinson trainee beat out BIG DREAMING, who I had. 

RACE 9 -- CARMEL SWIRL (3-1) drew a lot more money than I thought she would and won the Raven Run Stakes. Junior Alvarado rode for Billy Mott. I had CILLA who ended up third. 

RACE 10 -- SANTIN (4-1) was best in the allowance closer for Adam Beschizza and Brendan Walsh. I came up with PINE KNOLL who ran second and RICOCHET who got third. 

The .50 Pick 4 -- (4/10/8/6) paid $4931 to those lucky enough to have it . 

Yesterday was like the quarterback who keeps getting sacked. All you can do is get back up, go to the huddle and try again. We'll do that Saturday. Hopefully, with much better results. 


paulie


No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.