She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, October 30, 2021

KEENELAND PICKS -- 10/30/21

 A rainy Saturday on tap for closing weekend at Keeneland for the Fall Meet.  With three stakes, three on the dirt and a turf race that I'll be surprised if it stays on the grass -- a good card to close it out up in Lexington. 

Scratches today? Yeah, I expect there will be. I'll try to jump in and update here as best I can later today. I've also gone a little deeper in my "if scratches occur" horse selections. 

It has not been a great Keeneland  Fall Meet for me, in terms of handicapping and picking winners. And, Keeneland is a tough track to "get a handle on".  They're bringing in the best trainers, best horses and best jockeys -- but, as we know, the best looking on paper and form don't always get their photo taken in the winners' circle. 

Nevertheless, we'll give it a go today and see if we can end our Keeneland pursuits on a positive note. Fingers crossed, rabbit's foot and lucky horseshoe by my side...


( SCRATCHES UPDATED AT 12:17 TODAY)


RACE 7 -- BOWMAN MILLS STAKES -- $150K -- SIX FURLONGS


7 -- MY PRANKSTER

6 -- FREELANCER

4 -- NAKATOMI 

2 -- CHATTALOT 

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR:  1-- ROGER MCQUEEN (scratched) , 5 -- LUCKY SHOT)


RACE 8 -- BRYAN STATION STAKES -- $150K --  ONE MILE (TURF) 


10 -- YES THIS TIME

12 -- DREAMER'S DISEASE

11 -- CAMP HOPE

4 -- PERFECT SILENT CAT  (scratched) 

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR:  6 -- LIKE THE KING, 7 -- POINT ME BY) 


RACE 9 -- FAYETTE STAKES -- GII -- $200K -- 1-18TH MILE


7 -- CODE OF HONOR

1 -- SLEEPY EYED TODD  (scratched) 

4 -- NIGHT OPS

5 -- INDEPENDENCE HALL 

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR:  6 -- KING FURY, 9 -- MAJOR FED) 


RACE 10 -- MAIDEN -- 84K -- SEVEN FURLONGS


1 -- FAMED

8 -- GUN SLINGER

9 -- HALO OF FIRE

11 -- CATWINGS

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR:  6 -- BUNDUKI, 13 -- VALENTINO DAY) 


THE PLAY

I'll go after a Late Pick 4, but how I structure it depends on what the scratches look like as Race 7 approaches. 

I do like my top four picks in Races 7,8,9 -- I love Famed and Gun Slinger in Race 10 and I do think LIKE THE KING has a legitimate shot in Race 8. 

So, we'll wait and see what the weather brings and if scratches occur. 


Good luck today!! 


paulie  






No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.