She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, October 31, 2021

KEENELAND RESULTS -- 10/30/21

 A wet, sloppy day to end the Keeneland Fall meet, and a day where favorites reigned supreme in the final four races of the day. I gave you 16 horses to consider, after scratches, and 11 of them hit the board for a 68% "in the money" percentage. Out of the 12 "payable" spots available in Races 7-10, I filled 11 for a 92% success rate. 

Let's look at it:


RACE 7 -- NAKATOMI (2-1) roared down the stretch to pass tiring horses and took the win as the co-favorite. .Meet leading rider Tyler Gaffalione got the win for trainer Wesley Ward. I also had MY PRANKSTER for second and CHATTALOT for third. 

RACE 8 -- CAMP HOPE proved best in the Bryan Station at 5-2 and got a rousing ride from Brian Herandez Jr. for trainer Kelly McPeek. LIKE THE KING ended up second and YES THIS TIME managed third. I gave you all three in my selections. 

RACE 9 -- INDEPENDENCE HALL surprised a few in knocking off CODE OF HONOR in the Fayette Stakes att 7/2 odds. Javier Castellano did the piloting for Michael McCarthy. I had both of them, as well as third place finisher KING FURY/

RACE 10 -- FAMED (2/5) toyed with them until the stretch in the seven furlong final and then blew them away. Florent Geroux on the ride for meet training leader Brad Cox. Sired by Uncle Mo, this two year old filly is one you want to watch next year! Impressive. I also had CATWINGS, who barely got up for third. 


The Pick 4 paid a very low $41 on a .50 wager. I spent $64 on it. I'll say it again, I'm glad the ponies are leaving Keeneland and headed back to Churchill, in terms of my handicapping success. By my figuring, I lost about $150 up there during the meet. I'm still "up" on the year, but, Keeneland was tricky to figure out, until yesterday  

Next Friday and Saturday bring in Breeders Cup Weekend. I don't normally play west coast tracks, but with the wealth of excellent horse that always show up for this big weekend, I'll give it a "go" on Friday and Saturday and try Santa Anita with my selections. 

Be sure to check back. 


paulie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.