She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, October 17, 2021

KEENELAND RESULTS -- 10/16/21

 It was a "true to form" kind of day at Keenelland yesterday. I handicapped the final four races on the card and my top selection won two of the races -- my second selection won the other two. 

I gave you 16 horses to consider. Out of those, I had four winners, four seconds and one third. That's a 56% "in the money" percentage. I fill nine of the 12 "payable spots for a 75% success rate. 

Let's break it down: 


RACE 7 -- BIG CITY MOMMA (3-1) used a nice stretch move under Tyler Gaffalione to win for trainer Shug McGaughey in the maiden race. I had that one and second place finisher STREET MISERY. 

RACE 8 -- SHANTISARA (5/2) prevailed in the stretch in the QEII Stakes -- a nice ride from west coast import Flavien Prat for Chad Brown. I also gave you TECHNICAL ADVISOR, who ran a strong second. 

RACE 9 -- DUCALE (4/5) took them wire-to-wire -- holding off WINTER POOL and MALIBU STAR in the stretch. I gave you all three. Florent Geroux on board for the Brad Cox runner. 

RACE 10 -- SOCIAL CHATTER (7/2) came flying from far back to squeak out the win for Rafael Bejarano and Victoria Oliver. I had that one and GHOSTING KIM, who narrowly lost.


When you have four winners, and none of them are over 3-1 in the final odds, chances are the Pick 4 isn't going to be a huge one, and that was the case yesterday -- paying $85.95 on the .50 cent wager . It may have been tempered a bit by the inclusion of the #7 in Race 9 in the payout-- a late scratch. 

So, it was the scenario of hitting the late Pick 4 but losing money on the wager.  That'll happen sometimes -- when you play a ticket that includes the possibility of some "shots" coming in for you -- when ...and "they" don't...and favorites prevail. At least I didn't have to toss the ticket on the ground as a complete loser. 

We'll give it a "go" next Saturday.


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.