She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Oaklawn Picks -- 3/13/21

Let's leave Florida today and head to Hot Springs, Arkansas for a nice card at Oaklawn that features five stakes races and another Road to The Derby affair in the Rebel Stakes. I'll see if I can hit the late Pick 4 here (Races 9-12) which includes three of the stakes races and a challenging allowance race to close the Saturday card. 


Everything is "on the dirt" today in the races I'm looking at and the Hot Springs track looks to be fast, based on the latest weather report I saw. I'll offer suggestions as well on the other two stakes races, not sure if I'll play them on not, but I do have a trio of horses in each that I like. HERE WE GO! 


RACE 9 -- TEMPERANCE HILL STAKES -- $150K -- 1-1/2 MILE

1 -- TENFOLD

10 -- CAMPAIGN

6 -- TREASURE TROVE

4 -- PLAINSMAN

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR/ALSO CONSIDER -- 2 -- YOU'RE TO BLAME one to watch and I'll probably use him) 


RACE 10 -- HOT SPRINGS STAKES -- $200K -- SIX FURLONGS

6 -- WHITMORE

7 -- CZ ROCKET

2 -- FLAGSTAFF

4 -- ENGAGE

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR -- MR. JAGERMEISTER) 


RACE 11 -- REBEL STAKES -- G II -- $1 MILLION -- 1-1.16TH MILES

1 -- CADDO RIVER

7 -- CONCERT TOUR

6 -- KEEP ME IN MIND

4 -- GET HER NUMBER

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR -- 8 -- SUPER STOCK)


RACE 12 -- ALLOWANCE -- 45K -- ONE MILE

10 -- OFF THE MEDS

4 -- OPTIMAL KAT

5 -- TRUCULENT

7 -- SOLOMONIE

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR -- 13 - GENERAL TREV, 14 -- GALLANT PLUNGER ) 


THE PLAY

I'm going five deep in race nine, including my "also consider" -- it's quite the competitive affair. I'll follow that up with my top three picks in Race 10 -- 2,6.7 -- Let's use my top four in the Race 11 Rebel Stakes and end it with my top four in the Race 12 final -- but KEEP IN MIND -- if #13 and/or #14 draw in off the "AE list" -- both are horses I'll use. 

1,2,4,6,10/ 2.6,7/1,4,6,7/4.5.7.10 ???(13,14)  

Cost: $ 120.  (This could go up a bit if the two "AE's" #13 and #14 draw in for Race 12)


In the other two stakes races: 

RACE 5 -- This is a toss up between #1 ENDVOUTANTE, # 3 LETRUSKA and #5 SHEDARESTHEDEVIL. I really liked the way ENDVOUTANTE romped in Churchill's Falls City Handicap and Brian Hernandez returns to ride for Kenny McPeek. 


RACE 7 -- I do love #4 TAX here, but can see where #5 SILVER STATE or #7 NIGHT OPS could make it interesting.   (LATE NOTE: TAX scratched) 


THE PLAY

 I may try a Pick 3 for Races 5-7 that would start with 1,3,5 in Race 5, I'll hope for a price and hit the "all" button in the wide open, highly competitive Race 6 and close it out with 5.7 in Race 7  

1.3.5/ ALL/ 5,7

Cost:  $30


Good luck to you today and check back, I'll try to update the scratches if they occur. 



paulie


No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.