She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Gulfstream Picks -- Turfway Picks -- 3/27/21

 We have several major stakes races today with Derby implications -- I'll concentrate on Gulfstream's Florida Derby today and also look at the Jeff Ruby Stakes at Turfway. 

A good stakes card at Gulfstream today, I'm looking at the Late Pick 4 (Races 11-14) as one of my plays. Also, Turfway has the Jeff Ruby Stakes, another Road to the Roses race, and I'll build a late Pick 4 around the races leading up to that --  (Races 8-11) -- as another possible play. 


GULFSTREAM


RACE 11 -- CUTLER BAY STAKES -- $100K -- 1 MILE (TURF) 

6 -- ANNEX

8 -- STEP DANCER

1 -- HYPERFOCUS

3 -- WHATMAKESSAMMYRUN 

(CONSIDER #2 -- FIGHTING FORCE IF SCRATCHES OCCUR) 


RACE 12 -- GILFSTREAM OAKS -- GII -- $200K -- 1-1/16TH MILE

1 -- CONLIMA

3 -- CRAZT BEAUTIFUL

6 -- MILLEFEUILLE

2 -- BOW BOW GIRL 

( CONSIDER #5 LEN LO LADY IF SCRATCHES OCCUR) 


RACE 13 -- ORCHID -- GII -- $100K -- 1-3/8TH MILE (TURF) 

9 -- ALWAYS SHOPPING

5 -- SORREL

7 -- DELTA'S KINGDOM

1 -- WAR LIKE GODDESS

(CONSIDER #4 MORNING MOLLY IF SCRATCHES OCCUR) 


RACE 14 -- THE FLORIDA DERBY -- GI -- $750K -- 1-1/8TH MILE

7 -- GREATEST HONOUR

1 -- NOVA RAGS

9 -- COLLABORATE

10 -- SPIELBERG

(CONSIDER #5 KNOWN AGENDA IF SCRATCHES OCCUR) 



TURFWAY 


RACE 8 -- ANIMAL KINGDOM STAKES -- 65K -- 6-1/2 FURLONGS 


4 -- OUTADORE

1 -- PICO D ORO

7 -- CHASING ARTIE

8 -- GAGETOWN 

(CONSIDER #2 ARZAK IF SCRATCHES OCCUR) 


RACE 9 -- KENTUCKY CUP CLASSIC STAKES -- $150K -- 1-18TH MILE 


2 -- SET PIECE

4 -- EMPTY TOMB

3 -- CRAFTY DADDY

6 -- FINNICK THE FIERCE

(CONSIDER #9 VISITANT IF SCRATCHES OCCUR) 


RACE 10 -- BOURBONETTE OAKS -- $150K -- ONE MILE


7 -- OLIVIAOFTHEDESERT

2 -- ADVENTURING

6 -- CALIFORNIA LILY 

2 -- ROLLUPMOMONEY

(CONSIDER 7 -- INTO VANISHING IF SCRATCHES OCCUR) 


Race 11 -- Jeff Ruby -- $250K 

7 -- TAARANTINO

10 -- GRETZKY THE GREAT

3 -- KING OVATION 

9 -- HARD RYE GUY 



THE PLAY


At Gulfstream, I'll go with my top four picks in Races 11 and 12, I am going to include #4 Morning Molly in Race 13 and finish with my top four Picks in the Florida Derby plus #5 Known Agenda. I am hearing some chatter about #5 Known Agenda in the Florida Derby...buyer beware here, not convinced he's on par with the others, but a win might convince me, so I'll toss him in and see, he did get the mile and an eighth impressively last time out and,  it's Pletcher and Irad Ortiz, Jr. 

1,3,6,8/1,2,3,6,/1,4,5,7,9/2,3,5,7,10  

Cost:  $200  


At Turfway, I'll go with my top four picks in all four Races (8-11). That's leaving out #7 Into Vanishing in Race 10, but I gotta make my stand on Oliviaofthedesert coming home at a nice price. 

1,4,7,8/2,3,4,6/2,3,6,8/2,7,9,10 

Cost:  $128


Good lick today!!


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.