She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, March 21, 2021

FairGrounds Results -- 3/20/21

 Another one of those "shoulda, coulda, wouda" days at the oval -- winning most of but not all of the Late Pick 4 (Races 11-14) sequence. 

I gave you 16 horses to consider in the four race and had three winners, three seconds and two thirds. That is right on a 50% "in the money" percentage and I filled 66% of the "payable" slots. 


The killer was Race 11. OWENDALE showed no closing kick and allowed CHESS CHIEF (5-1)  to ramble up on the outside and pass a bunch of them to win. Guess who didn't have CHESS CHIEF in his picks?  That's how it goes. I ran second and third with my picks OWENDALE and ENFORCEABLE. 

Race 12 was all COLONEL LIAM and he was my top pick. LOGICAL MYTH chased him home and I had him too. CAPTIVATING MOON, who I had high hopes for, must got lost...

Race 13 TRAVEL COLUMN was the best by a bunch and I had her. CLAIRERE managed second and I had her too 

Race 14 was my tout HOT ROD CHARLIE and he got it dome in front running fashion. MIDNIGHT BOURBON, who I like also, followed "CHARLIE" around the track in second and finished second. MANDALOUN became a ghost in the stretch and disappeared.

So, do I move Hot Rod Charlie to the top of my Derby Picks?  Not quite ready to do that yet, but, as I said, they brought him to the Fairgrounds for a reason and he delivered. 

A very cheap Pick 4 payout at $99 dollars.  That's what you get with 5-1, 3-5, 2-1 and 5-2 winners. . 

We'll give it a try next week.


paulie


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.