She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, March 20, 2021

FairGrounds Picks -- 3/20/21

 What a card at the Fairgrounds in New Orleans today!  They end the card with seven stakes races from Race 8 to Race 14. The big one, of course is the Louisiana Derby, a key Road to the Roses prep and Mandaloun goes for his fourth win in five starts. Interesting that Hot Rod Charlie ships in from Santa Anita for this one and bring Joel Rosario with him. He's a closer, consider...

Also, a bit of intrigue to see which affair Captivating Moon goes in, the 11th or 12th. He's entered in both, and that could change up the picks a bit, depending on where they place him. Keep an eye on the "scratches and changes" and I'll try to jump back in and update. 

I've studied the final four on the card (Races 11-14) and that late Pick 4, but, I'll also offer a few in the stakes races in Races 8-10)...as always, play 'em anyway you like and good luck today


RACE 11 -- NEW ORLEANS CLASSIC STAKES -- GII -- $400K -- 1-1/8TH MILE  

1 -- ROADSTER

2 -- OWENDALE

8 -- SONNEMAN

5 -- ENFORCEABLE

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR -- 3 -- OLLIEMYGUY, 4--- CAPTIVATING MOON  (scratched) 



RACE 12 -- MUNIZ MERORIAL CLASSIC STAKES -- GII -- $300K -- 1-1/16TH (TURF)

5 -- COLONEL LIAM

6 -- LOGICAL MYTH

8 -- SPOOKY CHANNEL

3 -- CAPTIVATING MOON 

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR -- 11-- OLYMPIC RUNNER, 1-- FACTOR THIS



RACE 13 -- FAIRGROUNDS OAKS -- GII -- $400K -- 1-1/16TH MILE

6 -- CLAIRERE

5 -- OBLIGITORY

1 -- ZAAJEL

8 -- TRAVEL COLUMN

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR -- 4-- LIL TOOTSIE, 3 -- SOUPER SENSATIONAL


RACE 14 -- LOUISIANA DERBY -- GII -- $1 MILLION -- 1-3/16TH MILES

6 -- MANDALOUN

7 -- MIDNIGHT BOURBON

4 -- PROXY

5 -- HOT ROD CHARLIE

(IF SCRATCHES OCCUR -- 3--RUN CLASSIC, 2-- RIGHTANDJUST


The Play

I mentioned the late Pick 4, and that's what I'll go after. In Race 11, I'll use my top four picks and iif Captivating Moon decides to try the dirt, I'll use him in this one also. In Race 12, I'll go with the top four picks as well, but if Captivating Moon backs out, I'll insert Olympic Runner. In the FairGrounds Oaks, I love my top four picks and will play them. In the Louisiana Derby, Mandaloun is defiantly the one to beat, but I'll use my top four picks here, we've seen upsets before and Hot Rod Charlie intrigues me, coming in from the West Coast and, remember, he nearly won the Breeders Cup Juvenile at Keeneland last fall. Joel Rosario makes the trip, too.   

1,2,5,8,(4)? / 3,5,6,8(11)? / 1,5,6,8 / 4,5,6,7

Cost $128


OTHER SUGGESTIONS


Race 8 -- (2) No Parole tries the grass for the first time and should adapt quite well. If he doesn't (6) Monte Man is perfectly capable of going wire-to-wire, and (13) A Song For Arch could surprise at a price. 

Race 9 -- This one looks lke a two horse race in (1) Highland Creek and (2) Whotookthemoney...but I'll toss in (3) Wise Verdict, who can close well. 

Race 10 -- I'll suggest the the top three finishers in the stakes race here back in Feburary -- (3) Dalika, (6) Temple City Terror and (8) Pass The Plate. If you need a fourth, (11) Dreamalildreamofu works for me...


Good luck today! 


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.