She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Churchill Results from 6/6/20



A good day for handicapping Churchill's final four races Saturday. The prices weren't great, I guess that means there are a lot of brilliant handicappers out there in addition to me, but I hit the Pick 4, and that beats losing it. 

Our owner "tout" on #3 Noble Companion in the fifth race turned out to be unhelpful. The past performances indicated that he hadn't been performing well in the last several races, so the good workouts lately may indicate he's one of those "brilliant in the morning, mediocre in the afternoon" runners. He broke well, was third after about two furlongs but started to back up after that and was no factor by the time they reached the turn in the six furlong race. He finished 10th out of 11...went off at 36-1 odds and the trainer change does not appear to have helped at this level or conditions. I suspect the owners and trainer will look for easier conditions for him next time out, but, they need to keep him "short" and interested. Anytime a horse backs up that badly indicates either injury suspicion, lack of talent or lack of interest. I hope "Noble" is OK and hope they can figure out how to get him competitive. 

On the Pick 4, I gave you a total of 19 horses to consider. Out of these, we had four winners, four seconds and three thirds. That's a very good 57% "in the money" percentage. When you consider that we captured 11 of the 12 "payable positions, that's a 91% success rate! 

My top selection in each of the four races resulted in  three of the four winners., My third pick captured one of the races (Race 9), Upon review, he probably should have been my top pick, but, I had hoped for better from the ones I picked over him. 

Volatile left them in his wake in the Race 8 Aristides Stakes. Proof he's one of the best sprinters out there, he nearly broke the track record for six furlongs. $3 payout to win

High Crimes won by daylight in race 9. Watch this one in future turf sprints! $5.80 to win

Four Graces led pretty much wire to wire in taking The Dogwood Stakes in Race 10. You got $6.80 on the win here. 

Queen Medb finished full of run to take the final. A $7.80 payout on the win. 

The Pick 4 paid $51.45 on the .50 cent wager. Low, yes, but as we have said many times here before,..we can pick the winners, but we can't pick what we get paid. 


See ya next Saturday

paulie
xxxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.