She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Churchill Downs results 6/28/20



Let's compare yesterday's handicapping results to a classroom's chalkboard. 

Plenty of chalk until the end of the day, then the eraser came out. 

I took on the four stakes races (8-11) at the Twin Spires and gave you 16 horses to consider. 

Out of those, I had three winners, three seconds and two thirds. That's a 50% "in the money percentage -- a good day. Out of the 12 "payable" slots available, I hit 66% of them.  The balloon popper, blackboard eraser came in the final race -- Race 11 -- where 11-1 long-shot Harvey's Lil Goil  held off my picks in a close stretch duel to win. 

Prices were pretty chalky.

I had Cazadero in Race 8 as my top pick, he looked very impressive in the win over six furlongs and paid $2.80...going off at 2/5 odds. He won The Bashford Manor Stakes for fun. 

Race 9 belonged to Midnight Bisou -- who put the field away in the stretch to win easily. Another top pick of mine, that paid $3.00 to win as the 1/2 favorite in The Fleur De Lis. 

Tom's D Etat showed why he is maybe the best of the older horses with his convincing win in the feature race -- The Stephen Foster. The payout was a little better....at 6/5 he returned $4.60 to bettors. 

Then, the eraser. The #10 held off the others in an exciting stretch run to win by a head. in Race 11.  #5, Crystal Cliffs -- my top pick, tried vainly to get through on the inside hedge to pass winner Harvey's Lil Goil in the final furlong on the turf -- but just failed in The Regret. 

So it goes.

I stressed "going deep" in the final of the day -- outlined seven possible horses -- and it turns out I ran second, third, fourth and fifth. No prize for that. 

The Pick 4 paid a paltry $45.35 , with the multitude of early odds on winners. I can only imagine that if favorite Crystal Cliffs had won, it would have been much, much lower.  To use a worn-out saying here...we can pick winners but we can't pick what we get paid. 

The Pick 5 payout was a bit better...$298.60 on the /50 cent wager. 

The Pick 6 got you $148.16 on the .20 cent venture.

Yeah, I know. Maybe the "all button" in Race 11 would have been the call, but, the wager I laid out yesterday was already $84 and putting up another $70 to get back $45 would have been over a $100 loss on a winning ticket. 

We'll give 'em a shot next Saturday. 



paulie
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.