She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Churchill Downs Results From 6/13/20


A good day for racing but the results left a bit to be desired,  as I took on the late Pick 4 at Churchill yesterday. Favorites fell by the wayside in each of the final four (8-11) races and that resulted in the whopping $5625 payout for the .50 late Pick Four.

No, I didn't have it.

On the day, we did have some successes. Out of the 16 horses I gave you Saturday, we had two winners, four seconds and two thirds. That's eight out of 16 "in the money" for a not bad at all 50% percentage. When you consider that there were 12 payouts in the four races for win, place and show wagering, I filled 66% of them. 

Race Eight at least got us off on the right foot when #2 Dance Rhythms came flying at the end to best the field and won for us at 11-1 odds. A nice $23 payout. (That finished an earlier Pick 3 I tried and hit that returned a sweet $250 for $32 invested). 

Race Nine got me, though. The #10 horse Sir Alfred Jones zipped by one of my picks, Major Attraction, to finish first and return $18.80 at 8-1 odds. Bye-bye Pick 4.

Race Ten produced another bomb when lightly regarded (by the bettors) Sconsin upset the field with a win at 20-1 odds, paying $41 to win. Miss T Two, one of my picks chased her home but could not catch her. 

Race 11 at least gave us a winner, when #12 Admissions Office beat odds-on favorite Arklow to capture the final. A $9.20 return to win at 4-1 odds in the Grade III Louisville Stakes. 

The Belmont Stakes next week, so I'll definitely have picks for that. I'll see if a Pick 4 can be built around it,and I'll check out what should be a good Churchill card and see if I want to fire at that also.  

See you then, 



paulie
xxxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.