She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Churchill Downs Results 5-30-20


A day of pretty huge prices Saturday in the final five races at Churchill Downs. I gave it "that old college try" in the picks and did have some successes. Unfortunately, I didn't capture the late pick 5 and my hat goes off to anyone who did. It paid $131,963 on the .50 cent wager. I tried it, using my top two picks in each of the five races and had just one winner and four second place finishes out of those -- in a $16 wager. 

Out of 22 picks that I offered, I had three winners, three seconds and two shows. That's a 36% "in the money" ratio. There were 15 payable slots in the five races and I filled 53% of them. 

Race 7 started the madness with #4 Bell's the One hitting the wire first at 13-1 and paying $28.20 to win. I ran second and third with my four picks. 

Race 8 produced another long-shot in #6 What A Country who broke from the gate at 17-1 and returned $36.80 to investors. I had the second place finisher in my four choices. 

Race 9 knocked the train off the tracks even further with 25-1 odds on Whimsical Muse.  I gave you five choices, picked up a second (at a nice price with Even Beat) and lost another "in the money" finisher when Hidden Facts had multiple claims of foul placed on him and Javier Castellano and disqualified from second. It was the right move. 

Race 10 belonged to Fearless and he looked very good at winning at 1-1 odds. I covered the top three finishers in my four picks. 

Race 11 was a nice score for my selections. 25-1 Secret Message upset the rest, and I had him. He returned $53.40. 

I did a calculation on putting a $2 WPS bet on all 22 of the runners I picked. The cost would have been $132. You would have gotten back $163, so maybe that would have been the way to go yesterday. 

It's was a Johnny Velasquez "late double" as well, as he won the 10th and 11th races. 

There's a pretty huge Pick 6 carry-over for Sunday's races. It might be worth a small investment. I'll have some ideas on it in a column later today here at the site. 


paulie
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.