She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, September 5, 2021

SARATOGA RESULTS -- 9/4/21

 A fine day of racing yesterday at the Spa and good results, as Saratoga looks to close out their summer meet. I handicapped Races 8-12 there and gave you 20 horses over these five races. I had one scratch, so 19 picks went to post for me. Out of those, I had five winners, five places and five shows. That's a very decent 74.5% "in the money" rate for my picks. When you consider there were 15 "payable" up for grabs in the five races and I grabbed 14 of them, that's a 93.3% success rate. 


RACE 8 -- PUBLIC SECTOR (6/5) took the Saranac Stakes convincingly and I had that one, plus second place finisher NEVER SURRENDER and show grabber LIKE THE KING. Irad Ortiz got the job done for Chad Brown. $23 on the $1 trifecta. 

RACE 9 -- CARA'S DREAMER (7/2) employed a huge stretch move to blow by the field and get this allowance win. JUSTOKISNOTOK battled the others for second and got it for me. Dylan Davis did the piloting for Mitchell Friedman. 

RACE 10 -- BABY YODA (6-1) looked really good with a lengthening stretch run to get first place. I had this one, plu OLYMPIAD in second and DUCATE in third. Jose Ortiz was the winning rider for Billy Mott and the $1 trifecta got you $121,74

RACE 11 -- In the Flower Bowl Stakes, there was no doubt who would get this one as they turned into the stretch and WAR LIKE GODDESS (2/5) won going away. I had GREAT ISALND for place and MYSISTERNAT for show. I got $106.20 back on the Grand Slam. Julian Leparoux did the work for Billy Mott. The $1 trifecta was a small $14. 

RACE 12 -- MAX PLAYER (7/2) proved to be still quite the horse and took the Jockey Club Stakes  HAPPY SAVER got second and FORZA DI ORO finished third. Ricardo Santana did the piloting for good ol' Steve Asmussen. The trifecta returned $27.50 and the Pick 5 paid $360 on the .50 cent wager. 

It was a good day. Let's hope they continue. 



paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.