She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, September 19, 2021

CHURCHILL DOWNS RESULTS -- 9/18/21

 Downs After Dark at Churchill provided some great quality stakes racing, the UofL men and women's squads and a clean sweep of winners for Paulie and his picks. Let's take a look  I gave you 20 horses to consider over five races, out of those, I had five winners, two places and four shows for a 55% "in the money" percentage. I filled 11 of the 15 "payable" spots also -- for a 73% success rate


Race 3 -- SCONSIN (9/5) held off BELL'S THE ONE to win the Open Mind Stakes. I had those two, plus MUNDAYE CALL, who got third. Tyler Gaffalone had the winning ride and the trifecta paid $5.50. 

Race 7 -- JUST MIGHT took the LTS Stakes with Rafael Bejarano on board and went off at 3-1 odds. I had that one and BANGO who got third. $24.35 on the .50 trifecta. 

Race 8 -- HIDDEN CONNECTION (9/5) blew away the competition in the Pocahontas to win by a bus length. I had that one and GODDESS OF FIRE for third. It was jockey Reylu Gutierrez first win at Churchill.  A handsome trifecta paid $228 on the .50 wager. 

Race 9 -- MAJOR GENERAL (9/2) upset huge favorite Stellar Tap and the rest of the field in the Iroquois. I had him. Javier Castellano getting this one up just in time. Two longshots followed him home to make for an huge $1162,75 trifecta.

Race 10 -- SHEDARESTHEDEVIL was impressive in the Locust Grove at 8/5 odds for Florent Geroux. I had that one and CRYSTL BALL for second and ENVOUTANTE for third. The trifecta returned $4.60.

As I've said here many times before -- I can pick winners, I just can't pick what they pay. I did get an e-mail from a reader, who went after the Pick 5 with my top two picks in races 7-10 and then "bet them all" in Race 11. That cost him $80 on a .50 cent Pick 5 and he got back $749. Not a bad return at all. I opted to bet trifectas and actually lost money on my five bets, despite winning three of them. Sometimes it's not how much you bet but how you bet. 

It's good to see racing back at Churchill, even if it's all dirt. (They're reseeding the Turf Course). We'll give it a go next week.   


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.