She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, September 12, 2021

KENTUCKY DOWNS RESULTS -- 9/11/21

 It was a beautiful day forr racing at Kentucky Downs Saturday. That being said, my handicapping skills took a swift kick in the rump on the five stakes races I tried to predict. 

After scratches, I had 24 runners go forth. Out of those, a mere one winner, three places and one show. That 21% "in the money" didn't get me anything. Out of 15 "payable" sports, I filled five -- for 33%

RACE 6 -- IN GOOD SPIRITS (14-1) got to the wire first in the spring. I did have CATCH A BID, who gathered place money. Letting a John Velasquez runner for Al Stall go off a 14-1 can burn you occasionally and it did here.

RACE 7 -- PRINCESS GRACE (1-1) broke dead last but started to rally halfway through the mile race and took the lead in the stretch. They couldn't catch her. A nice ride by Florent Geroux. DALIKA, another of my picks, was trying and finished second. 

RACE 8 -- GEAR JOCKEY (5-1) grabbed the lead at the top of the stretch in the mile race and steadily pulled away from the rest. Jose Lezcano on board. 

RACE 9 -- IMPERADOR (9-1) battled the unlucky ARKLOW down the stretch in the 1-1/2 mile Turf Cup. Joe Talamo with the prolonged stretch run 

RACE 10 -- THE LIR JET (8-1) took the Franklin-Simpson and used a nice stretch run with Tyler Gaffalione on to to do it. 

Europeans won the last two. I shoulda known better than to leave them out. They do love the turf. 


Somedays, you just get beat. 


paulie


No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.