She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, September 26, 2021

CHURCHILL DOWNS RESULTS -- 9/25/21

 So, it wasn't the best day for handicapping for me at Churchill Saturday. I gave out 16 horses that I thought might do well in the final four races, and had two winners, two seconds and a third. That 31% "in the money" number isn't very good at all. Filling five of the 12 "payable spots equates out to 42%, and that much lower than I usually hit. (Mama said there would be days like this). 


Race 8 -- CARRIBEAN CAPER (2/5) took a lot of money and Colby Hernandez got the job done for Al Stall. I also had SOMEONE SAID SO for second. My top pick Patty H was a disappointment. 

Race 9 -- KING FURY lived up to the 1/2 post time odds and secured a win for Brian Hernandez. Jr and Kenny McPeek in the Bourbon Trail. I also had DR.JACK for second. 

Race 10 -- In the Harrods Creek Stakes, I drew a goose egg. Everett's Song (13-1) was the longshot winner, with Pablo Morales along for the ride. 

Race 11. -- This was the "woulda, coulda,shouda" race. I debated long and hard about including Howling Time (5-1) in my top four picks but didn't. He took the final with Joe Talamo riding for Dale Romans.  My top pick, BACK TO NORMAL managed third. 

The Pick 4  (2-4-10-6) got you $139.80 on a .50 wager.  

We'll dust ourselves off, get up after the knockout pinch and get back on our feet for next week. 


paulie  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.