She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Saturday, August 14, 2021

SARTOGA SELECTIONS -- 8/14/21

 

Another great day for racing at Saratoga!  The Late Pick 4 offers two stakes races (including the FourStarDave), two competitive allowance race -- two on the turf and two on the dirt. 

Let's have a look: 


RACE 8 -- ALLOWANCE -- $103K -- SEVEN FURLONGS


5 -- DUCALE

1 & 1A -- MAHAAMEL/ASHIHAM

6 -- DEFEATER

3 -- TEN FOR TEN

(ALSO/IF SCRATCHES OCCUR:  7 -- WILL SING FOR WINE)


RACE 9 -- SARATOGA SPECIAL STAKES -- GII -- $200K -- 6-1/2 FURLONGS

7 -- DOUBLE THUNDER

12 -- RED RUN 

2 -- GUNITE

8 -- DOCTOR JEFF

(ALSO/IF SCRATCHES OCCUR:  5 -- STOLEN BASE)


RACE 10 -- FOURSTARDAVE HANDICAP -- GI -- $500K -- ONE MILE (TURF) 


1 -- RAGING BULL 

5 -- SET PIECE

4 -- CASA CREED

6 -- GOT STORMY

(ALSO/IF SCRATCHES OCCUR:  8 -- FIELD PASS) 


RACE 11 -- ALLOWANCE -- $90K -- 5-1/2 FURLONGS (TURF) 


3 -- FRAT

4 -- DR BLUTE

9 -- DR DUKE

7 -- LUNA'S IN CHARGE

(ALSO/IF SCRATCHES OCCUR: 2 -- NEURO)


The Play:

 I'll take my top four picks in Race 8 (1,3,5,6), then use all five picks in Race 9 (2,5,7,8,12) followed by my top two picks in Race 10 (1,5) and end with my top five picks in Race 11 (2,3,4,7,9) --- for a Late Pick 4 that gives me good coverage and only costs $100 on the .50 cent Pick 4 wager. I do see the FourStarDave as a two-horse affair -- can "FloGeo" and Brad Cox come in and steal one with Set Piece from "the Boss"- Irad Ortiz -  Chad Brown and Raging Bull? Should be exciting! 

Good luck today! I've had two losing Saturdays in a row, so -- I'm ready to nail one ! 


paulie



No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.