She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, August 15, 2021

SARATOGA RESULTS -- 8/14/21

Not the day I had hoped for yesterday.


And -- another reason yesterday why Saratoga is known as the "graveyard of favorites". In the Late Pick 4 sequence yesterday, the odds of the winners were 4-1, 10-1, 13-1 and 8-1. 

I gave you 20 horses to consider and had one scratch. Out of those, I had two winners, three places and three shows. That is a 42% "in the money" rate andd not very good. I filled eight of the 12 "payable spots" for 66%, below my accustom success rate. 

The Pick 4 in Races 8-11 paid $4864.50 on the .50 cent wager. It's the third  straight week I have not hit it up there.

There comes a time when you realize your "system" isn't working at a particular track. You either adjust, wait to see if you system will eventually work or stop playing the track. 

We'll see which I choose when I give it a go next week. 


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.