She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, August 1, 2021

SARATOGA RESULTS -- 7/31/21

 Not the best of days handicapping the late Pick 4 at Saratoga yesterday. 


It started with a big thud in Race 8 when LEXITONIAN stayed on the rail and held off the rest of the field to win the Alfred Vanderbilt Grade I Stakes Race at 34-1. This wasn't one of my picks. Even though I rallied and had winners in Races 9 and 10 with ESSENTIAL QUALITY (1/5) and CROSS BORDER (6-1) --- I got thumped again in the final race when THE LAST ZIP zipped by my picks to win at 6-1. Again, not one of my picks. Credit Tyler Gaffilione for a good ride, though.

People call Saratoga "the graveyard of favorites" I call it "the problem for Paulie".after yesterday. 

We'll give it a go next week. Not sure if I'll be trying "the spa" again -- I'll look at the nation's card and see if anything else attracts my attention. 


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.