She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, June 27, 2021

CHURCHILL RESULTS -- 6/26/21

 It was a so-so day in my selections for Churchill Downs on the final day of their spring meet. I took on the final four races of the days -- all stakes races -- have had two winners, three places and four shows. That's a 45% "in the money" percentage, lower than I normally achieve. When you consider I had nine of the twelve horses that hit the board in the four races...that 75% success raate looks a little better, but I did not take down the Pick 4.  Let's recap it: 


RACE 9 -- DOUBLE THUNDER (4-1) used a big stretch move late in the race to skip by two of my picks GLACIAL and VODKA N WATER. It was a well-timed ride by Johnny V for Todd Pletcher. .

RACE 10 -- I was high on SET PIECE (8-5) in the Wise Dan Stakes and he delivered. I also had SOMELIKEITHOTBROWN and RIDE A COMET to complete the trifecta, Florent Geroux did the piloting for Brad Cox, a Churchill favorite. 

RACE 11 -- MAXFIELD (2-5) is a monster and had no trouble in the Stephen Foster Stakes. Now that he's healthy, all Jose Ortiz had to do is not fall off for Brendan Walsh.  That move on the final turn was awesome. I also had SPRAWL for show. I've found my Breeders Cup Classic horse, if all goes well for him this summer.  

RACE 12 -- NAVRATILOVA (9-1) took them wire to wire in the final and I overlooked her. I did have TOBY'S HEART, who lost by a heartbreaking nose at the wire, for place and NEW BOSS got third


The Pick 4 returned $134 on the .50 cent attempt. 


It wasn't a Churchill meet where I had as much success as I have in prior meets. WHere do we go from here? I expect Saratoga and Ellis Park will help bide the time until they end up back at the Twin Spires in mid-September. We'll give it a go. 


paulie

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.