She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, June 20, 2021

CHURCHILL DOWNS RESULTS -- 6/19/21

 Not the best of days at Churchill yesterday in terms of hitting the late Pick 4, but, I had three winners out of the final four races  Race 9 was the fly in the ointment, 13-1 WITEZ skipping down the stretch and knocking off my choice Take Charge Ro

All in all, I had three winners, three places and a show out of the 18 horses I selected yesterday I did have two scratches.. That 38% is a bit lower than I usually score.  Filling seven of the 12 "payable" spots available in the four races is 58..3%, aalso a bit down from previous weeks. 

Here 's how it went: 

RACE 7 did bring my top pick AASR home first at 2-1 and TOP GUNNER, another of my picks, got there in time for third, 

RACE 8 --This was where WITEZ ruined the plans, the Ian Wilkes/Chris Landeros duo won at 13-1. I did get TAKE CHARGE RO for second, but that was it. EMPRESS ELEANOR scratched and maybe affected the way the race was run.

RACE 9 -- I saw it as a three horses race, and one of the , in BELL'S THE ONE (2-1) did get the win over another one I really liked in SCONSIN. No excuses for Sconsin, he dueled in the stretch but was second best.  

RACE 10 -- MINER'S QUEEN (5-1) was a nice pick of mine and took the final race.

The Pick 4 returned $755 on the .50 Pick 4 wager.  A $210 Pick 4 wager  (5x7x3x4) would have captured the prize.  With the scratches, I spent $120 and was done after Race 9.  

The key yesterday would have been just to go very deep in Race 9. I had WITEZ ranked as the seventh best horse in the race, but he proved me wrong. Sometimes, the horses just don't run the way you expect and handicap them to. I guess that's why they call it gambling. 

We'll give it a go next Saturday.

Happy Father's day to all you Dads out there ! 


paulie


No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.