She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Tampa Bay Results 2-6-21

An interesting day of racing at Tampa Bay yesterday, with the running of the Sam F Davis Stakes and three other stakes races and a claiming event to close the card. I did pretty well with the Picks, winning four out of the five races -- it was a day where longshots didn't make much noise, though. 


After scratches, I had a total of 20 horses that I outlined break from the gate. Four winners, three seconds and two thirds. A 45% "in the money" number. I filled nine of the 15 "payout" spots for a 60% success rate there. 

Race 8 got me, where I ran second, third, fourth and fifth with my picks. #3 Get Smokin' did not make the lead, which I didn't expect he would, bit came from off the pace to win. 4-1 on this one, I couldn't include him, so any dreams of a Pick 5 died there. I loved Admissions Officer, he ended up third. 

Race 9 brought #4 Curlin's Catch tto the wire first in a race where two horses I really liked got scratched.. The crowd reacted by making him the favorite at 9/5 and I had him.

Race 10 belonged to top pick Counterparty Risk, she battled it out with my second pick New York Girl in the stretch and was best.  She went off at 4/5. That Pic k 3 paid a paltry $27.50

Race 11, the Sam F Davis, was won by Candy Man Rocket, in fine stretch running style. Maybe one to watch for future Derby prep races, he was a 3-1 pick of my. I was a bit disappointed in Known Agenda, who finished third. 

Race 12 had a disqualification of Ain't Wasting Time in stretch for bumping with the eventual winner Indy Ride. I had both in my picks, and the Pick 3 and Pick4 got a little, but not much, boost when the 4-1 was placed first over the 6/5. That Pick 3 brought $55.30 and the Pick 4, which I gave you, was a winner (4-5-9-3) but less than I excepted at $ 145.75 on the .50 cent wager. 


Of note, Junior Alvarado won two of the final five races...John Velazquez, Antonio Gallarado and Ronnie Allen Jr one each. 

Because I had five horses "scratch" on me, I decided I afford a late Pick 4 for the day (Races 9-12) and spent $128 on it, so a small profit of about $17 there. I pretty much gave that back to the other bettors, though, with a "foolhardy" .50 cent Pick 5 where I went with my top two picks, in each race, spent $16 on the bet, and went a dismal 3-5, I was "dead" in that venture after the first race. . 

So, a pleasurable afternoon of watching horsees and didn't get killed in the wagering. We'll give it a go next week. 


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.