She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Gulfsttream Results -- 2/13/21

 A rough day at Gulfstream yesterday for the Paulie Picks. A number of scratches were, in part, responsible for that one could say, but that's how it goes sometimes.  

I started with 20 horses to consider for the final four races, but, that got narrowed down to 15 that actually ran. Out of those, I had two winners, three places and one show. That 40% "in the money" number is lower than I usually produce.  Filling six of the 12 "payable" slots equals 50%, and that's lower than I usually do. 


RACE NINE -- Sadly, the Pick 4 was over for me after the first race in the sequence. None of the four horses that I picked and that ended up running hit the board. A 5-1 ended up getting the win on the "good" turf.  Omnia, with Luiz Saez on board, proved the best  in the cheap claimer. 


RACE 10 -- A 15-1 "bomb" exploded in the mile turf affair. I had three of my pick break from the gate and I managed a second with Ever Dangerous. Corey Lanerie got a nice stretch run out of Flying Dutchman, who has done little in his career before yesterday, for the win. 


RACE 11 -- Mischevious Alex was my top pick and he proved to be the best in the feature race and 2/5 odds. Frosted Grace , also one of my three picks that ran, tried to stay with the Irad Ortiz, Jr ridden winner but fell a bit short. The $1 Pick three returned $311.50 for Races 9,10.11 -- so a lot of bettors other than myself were unsuccessful in their prognostications


RACE 12 -- Even money shot Floriform got the win and he was my top pick. I also had Bracken and El Socio, who ran second and third. A nice maiden special weight score for the Edgard Zayaz ridden runner. The $1 Pick Three returned $59.00 and the Pick Four was a $764.30 score. 


In retrospect, maybe I would have been better off playing the big card at FairGrounds yesterday, where Derby hopeful Mandaloun. with Florent Geroux on board, tracked the leaders and took the lead in the stretch to beat Proxy and Midnight Bourbon in the GII Risen Star. This Brad Cox runner look good in winning the 1-1/16th affair and went off at 2-1.  


We'll give it a go next week, 


paulie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.