She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, November 29, 2020

CHURCHILL RESULTS -- 11/28/20

 An interesting day of racing at Churchill yesterday, no doubt. I handicapped the final four races on the card and "got the sweep" -- hitting all four of them with winners. In fact, I had the top three finishers in all four events (Races 9-12) in a sequence where we saw a 9/2, even money, 2-1 and 4-1 take the prizes. 

I gave you 24 horses to consider over the final four races, 12 finished in the money for a 50% IN THE MONEY percentage. I DID GO 12 FOR 12 in the payout slots. 

Race 9 featured 9/2 odds TRAVEL COLUMN overcoming a tough trip and blowing by odds-on favorite SIMPLY RAVISHING in the stretch for the win. The favorite did not hit the board, which set up a nice trifecta for me that paid $81.05 on the .50 cent, five horse tri box in the Golden Rod Stakes  

Race 10 was all about the favorite. MANDALOUN toyed with the field before destroying the rest in the stretch to win pretty easily. That trifecta wasn't a great pay, returning $38.80, but, it covered the $30 tri boxes I settled on as my wagering strategy yesterday. 

Race 11 gave us 2-1 KEEPMEINMIND getting to the winner's circle in the Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes. This one was a "last to first" winner, trailing the field until the top of the stretch, and then swinging seven-wide and charging down the center of the track to catch and pass the leader and win by a length. The tri paid $35.70. If you were playin Pick 3's, sorry about your luck...you got back just $19 on a .50 cent wager. 

Race 12 belonged to RUNWAY MAGIC. He broke his maiden in front running style and held off the rest at 4-1 odds. A good ride from Julian Leparoux to hold off hard-charging OUTASITE and REPO ROCKS. A trifecta return of $41.25, the Pick 3 got you $23.30 and the Pick 4 was worth $169.50.

If you followed my picks yesterday, you experienced the rarity of hitting the Pick 4 and actually losing money. As we've said here beffore, though, I can pick winners, but I can't pick what they pay. At least they were winners.

Today concludes the Fall Churchill meet and there are mandatory payouts for all the multi-race options. Due to commitments at my other site (CARDINAL COUPLE) I won't be providing any picks for the clsoing card. 

WE'LL SEE YOU IN 2021. Stay safe and best of luck to you! 


PAULIE  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.