She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, November 1, 2020

CHURCHILL RESULTS -- 10/31/20

An interesting ans a bit weird day out at Churchill yesterday. The officials decided to take the 7th and 10th races off the turf, which kinda messed up my handicapping efforts. Despite this, I still managed to give you the winner in each "off the gtass" races. Then, the races on the dirt didn't turn out as I planned. 


After scratches, I had 15 of the horses I selected break from the gate.in the final four races of day. Out of those, I had two winners, one place and two shows. A rather low 33% "in the money" percentage. I filled five of the 12 "payable spots" -- for a 42% success race. 

Race 7 featured Phantom Currency hitting the wire first at 7-1 odds. This one was my "if scratches occur" picks. 

Race 8 hurt me, out of my five picks, all I got was a third place finish with Amusing Antics. 4-1 Modern Waltz got the win. 

Race 9 shut me out mostly as well, with just my "if scratches occur" pick Bourbon Calling hitting the board for second. 8-1 Crafty Daddy got the win

Race 10 had Better With Age going to the winners circle and I had this one at 5-2 odds. 

The Pick Four paid a whopping $1794 on the .50 cent wager.  

The action moves to Keeneland for my handicapping pursuits and the Breeders Cup next week. I'll post Friday and Saturday picks on ALL the Breeders Cup races and we'll see how me do. 


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.