She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, October 4, 2020

PREAKNESS RESULTS

 A pretty successful day of handicapping selections at Pimlico yesterday for Preakness Stakes Day. I took on nine of the races on the card (races 3-11) and offered 36 horses for you to consider. Out of those, I had seven winners, seven places and seven shows. That's a 58% "in the money" success rate. When you consider there were 27 "money" spots available, I cashed in on 78% of the win, place and show payouts. 

I also had six exactas and four trifectas hit for me in the nine races. I tried three Pick 3's in the nine race sequence and hit the final one...which rewarded me nicely with a $369.20 payout for races 9,10 and 11.  

I had two readers contact me with their results. One of them did a simple four-horse trifecta box on all 11 races that cost her $216. She got back $244, so that a profitable afternoon. The other reader played just the Preakness Stakes, He took my top four picks in the win and place slots and hit the "all" button for show. It was a .50 cent wager that cost him $60. He got back a huge $602.85 payout...no doubt boosted by 40-1 shot Jesus' Team finishing third and 11-1 Swiss Skydiver nosing out the heavy favorite Authentic for the win. The funny thing is, he didn't even watch the race...having to work...and didn't realize how much he made until hours later. 

We'll migrate back to Keeneland next week. I was looking at today's Sunday card just briefly this morning and it looks very competitive. At first glance, I like #1 Love Struck and #7 Batyah in the Miss Grillo Stakes and #4 Into The Sunrise and #11 Barrister Tom in the Bourbon Stakes. 


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.