She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, October 18, 2020

KEENELAND RESULTS -- 10-17-20

 Not a bad day handicapping the horses at Keeneland yesterday. I gave you 16 horses to consider yesterday in the final four races (7-10) and an additional eight in case of scratches. There were scratches, including one I really loved a lot in DON'T BLAMEROCKET in the 8th Race, but...20 of my picks ran and I had three out of the four winners in the final sequence of races. 

Three winners, four seconds and two thirds for a 45% "in the money" percentage. I filled nine of the 12 payable lots for 66%.

Add in three exactas and two trifectas I hit, including the final two trifectas that paid $104.75 and $177.75 on the .50 cent venture. 

It always seems that one race "blows up" at Keeneland in the final sequence and that happened in the eighth race yesterday 

SUGOI was spoiler of the day in my selections, taking Race 8 at 23-1 odds with Joe Rocco getting the win. In the others, I gave you THINKING in Race 7 at 4-1, odds-on favorite VENETIAN HARBOR, at 3-5 odds in Race 8 and MONEY FOR MISCHIEF in Race 10 who went off at 12-1. 


I didn't attempt the Pick 4 wager, wouldn't have hit it if I had... but it did pay $4991.25 on the .50 cent wager. When I looked at the possibilities of betting it, and with my top pick gone in Race 8, I did the numbers on a 6x(all) x 4 x6 wager and it would have cost $648 !! Nope, no thank you..but it did pay much more than that.  


As we get closer to Breeders Cup, the racing continues at Keeneland and we'll try again next week. 


paulie



No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.