She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Success at KY Downs on Saturday


I ventured into the parimutuel pool yesterday at Kentucky Downs and came out refreshed and had the correct sequence of numbers in the Pick 4 to triple my investment. 

My wager of $144 returned $431.95. 

I also put a 2 across the board wager on all of my sixteen picks. The outlay of $96 brought back $87.20...so that didn't do quite as well.

Let's see how the picks did. I had four winners, two seconds and two thirds. That's a 50% in the money percentage.

The brief meet at Kentucky Downs is a handicapper's dream,,,and a bit of a nightmare. You have the best jockeys and trainers from across the nation (and Europe) coming in.

To walk out of there with a profit is a "pat on the back" achievement. I'LL REFER back to my two adages. 1) You need to be unafraid to put out the money to make money and 2) you can pick the winners but you can't pick what you'll get paid. 

Kentucky Downs ends their meet Thursday. 


paulie
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.