She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, September 1, 2019

KENTUCKY DOWNS OPENING DAY RESULTS


Sometimes the opening day of a meet offers some surprises. On Kentucky Downs opening day, we look at Races 7-10 and there were NO favorites who hit the wire first in any of these four. I did have some success in giving you three out of the four winners in the sequence.

Here's how the day went: 

I gave you 16 horses over the four race sequence, two got scratched -- so I had 14 runners leave the gate. Out of those, I had three winners, but nothing in the place or show spots. That's not a real great "in the money" percentage (21%). 

Race 7 paid me nicely with a $12 return on the $2 wager. Race 8 was even better, with a $22.80 win price. In Race 10, another $12 payoff on the win. 

Figuring a $2 win on all 14 runners ($28). the payback was $54.80, so that was profitable.

$2 across the board on all 14 ($84) would have returned $90.60, so I squeaked by with a small profit there. 

Playing the #7 horse in all four races would have been profitable the #7 won the seventh and ninth races and finished second the the tenth. 

It's called gambling and sometimes the best laid plans, study and handicapping doesn't always agree with the final results. The Pick 4 in the sequence paid $2066 on a ,50 cent wager.

Arguably the toughest race was the ninth (which I did not have the winner)...but playing my picks from yesterday and altering them by taking "ALL" in that race would have brought a Pick 4 cost of $384. ...so, once again, the adage of "it takes money to make money" would have returned roughly the same profit as a hitting a 2-1 shot. 

paulie
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.