She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Preakness lineup and thoughts...



Preakness lineup with post positions, morning line odds

Preakness 2014
Preakness 2014
Here’s the lineup for the 139th Preakness by post position:
1. Dynamic Impact (M. Casse/M.Mena) (12-1)
2. General a Rod (M. Maker/J. Castellano) (15-1)
3. California Chrome (A. Sherman/V. Espinoza) (3-5)
4. Ring Weekend (G. Motion/A. Garcia) (20-1)
5. Bayern (B. Baffert/R. Napravnik) (10-1)
6. Ria Antonia (T. Amoss/C. Borel) (30-1)
7. Kid Cruz (L. Rice/J. Pimentel) (20-1)
8. Social Inclusion (M. Azpurua/L. Contreras) (5-1)
9. Pablo del Monte (W. Ward/J. Sanchez) (20-1)
10. Ride On Curlin (B. Gowan/J. Rosario) (10-1)


Thanks to my buddy JJ for posting these!

 They got CC in as great post position here and Victor "Punch-in-the-nosa" will keep him out of trouble until it's time to move. I expect a similar scenario to the Derby. Following the speed, saving ground and pouncing to win by 3-4 lengths.

I hope Bayern can do the same, not get caught up in a speed duel and challenged in the short Pimlico stretch. He's my second pick...love the Rosie/Baffert jockey and trainer combination here and hope "the big B" runs huge Saturday.

It also looks like Pimlico will be dry after getting two days of what we've been having here in Louisville.

So...strategy plays to make money on a race where a 3-5 favorite might even get bet down below that?

1) Exacta wheels: 3 with all, all with 3. We're trying to catch a longshot beneath CC or a major upset where CC runs second.    Cost?  If you do it for a buck...total cost will be $18.

2) Trifecta :  I'll try a 3,5 on top...with a 1,3,5,9,10 underneath and put 1,2,3,5,8,9,10 on the bottom.
Cost?  I'll do it for 50 cents and total cost will be $20. If I'm having a good day, maybe for $1...which would cost $40.

3) I'm a big fan of Bayern...horse #5. I'll bet him across the board. High risk, high reward...but it is called gambling.

I'll also look at a Pick 3 and/or Pick 4 associated with the Preakness but won't decide on that until Saturday,

Good luck and wager responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.