She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday is OAKS DAY!



Could this be Thurby? Works for me...
Thurby has come and gone. It will be remembered fondly. What I can remember about it...that is. Betting wise, I was on a definite roll and Tommy Boy and I hooked up to hit the Pick 5 in that put an additional $230 each in our pockets. We spend a combined $36 to win $466.

I gave you my picks yesterday. There were some scratches, so I filled in accordingly. I decided to bet a four horse exacta box in each of the 11 races. Here's how I did.

Race One   $41.80
Race Two   $20.40
Race Three $14.80  (I also bet a PK3 here that paid $35.00
Race Four   $231.00
Race Five   - - - - - - (Can't win 'em all...)
Race Six      $11.60
Race Seven  $65.20
Race Eight   $18.20
Race Nine    $36.60
Race Ten     $138.20
Race Eleven $9.00

It was a good day! $132 wagered on exactas, almost $600 collected.

We hung out over in the new section just built on the homestretch turn. It will be a regular spot for
me this Spring Meet. Comfy chairs, great view of the track and new projection board and easy access to betting, bathrooms, beverages and food. It's ticketed admission today...so I'll be Infield bound...

Here are the Picks for Oaks Day. I just did the Stakes Races...there are six of those...and Sonja isn't going to decide on her picks until we get there...she's been busy with work and has had no time to handicap.

Race 5 -- The La Troienne.

With only six runners here...I'm using a key race that two of these were in earlier this year #3 Unlimited Budget finished second and #5 Devil's Cake was third by a half a length. These two look the best to me and I'll add #4 Magic Union and #6 On Fire Baby for exotics.

Race 6 -- The Twin Spires Turf Sprint

Three of these faced up at Keenland three weeks ago and #4 Marchman bested #8 Sum of the Parts and #6 Positive Side. I'll try those three today and add #2 Undrafted who won on the turf at Churchill by 10 lengths last year.

Race 8 -- The Eight Belles

#7 Fiftyshadesofgold was actually my early pick to win the Oaks after winning the Debutante here last year. She didn't get an Oaks chance but I like her today in this spot. I'll use #4 Our Amazing Rose, #1 Whomping Willow and #10 She's a Tiger as well.

Race 9 -- The Edgewood

#10 Resistivitity hated the polytrack at Keeneland last out but should love Churchill's turf and get Julian Leparoux to ride. That'll be my pick. #4 Candy Kitten, #1 Miss Machiavelli and #2 Courageous Julie will be ready if Leparoux fails.

Race 10 -- The Alysheba

#2 Will Take Charge is the best bet of the day.  #3 Mylute, #7 Golden Ticket and #9 Bradester will battle it out for place money.

Race 11 -- The Kentucky Oaks

Everyone is in love with #13 Untapable and I like her too but I think #3 Sugar Shock can upset her today. I'll toss in #4 Rosiland and #7 Fashion Plate for exotics. If I decide to go deep here...I'll also include #11 My Miss Sophia and #9 Unbridled Forever. These all may be running for second place if Untapable runs her race...but we've definitely seen upsets in the Oaks over the years and Untapable has never won a Grade 1 event.

I'm hoping Untapable is Baylor and Sugar Shock is the Louisville women's basketball team.  

 Oaks Day. Wager responsibly. Good luck and have fun!

paulie




No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.