She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, July 25, 2021

SARATOGA RESULTS -- 7/24/21

A bit of luck yesterday in handicapping the Late Pick 4 at Saratoga yesterday. The price wasn't what I wanted (are they ever?) but it beat throwing the wager away.

I gave you 16 horses to consider in the four race sequence and, out of those, had four winners, a place and two shows. That's a 44% "in the money" number. I filled seven of the 12 possible "payout" spots for a 58C% success rate. 


Race 8 -- RASTAFARA was my top pick and she got the job done with Irad Ortiz, Jr in the saddle at 5/2 odds. I also had SPLIT THEN DOUBLE come in third for me in the mile turf race.  

Race 9 -- CARAMEL SWIRL looked pretty unbeatable and got the job done for me in the dirt allowance race. Junior Alvadrado had the ride at even money. 

Race 10 -- Another favorite in  CARAVEL in the Caress Stakes. aat een money again -- Irad Ortiz returning to the winner's circle. With the defection of JAKARTA, I still had IN GOOD SPIRITS for second and ROBIN SPARKLES for third. 

Race 11 -- With A BIT O IRISH SASs scratching, my alternate pick MIKE'S GIRL got in my wager sequence and took the turf allowance at 8-1 odds. THe other ortiz (Jose) got the "W". 


A disappointing $109.50 return on the late Pick 4. 

We'll give it a go next week and probably stay "at the Spa" with my picks. As I've often said here -- I can pick the winners, I just can't pick what I'll get paid. 


paulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.