She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

She's a Handicapper now..and I'm saying "Champagne, Anyone?"

Sunday, August 25, 2019

SARATOGA TRAVERS DAY RESULTS ON PICKS


Not a great start at all in my early handicapping on Saratoga Travers Day. 

Let's face it, I was out of the Pick 5 after the first leg of the sequence. It got better, though

I gave you Memories of Peter in the 1st race as a long-shot special. He ran well -- just off the lead -- for the entire race, but came in fourth after a three-way photo for place. 

Place and show runners in Race 7, effectively killing the Pick 5, 

The "whenever I don't bet John Velasquez, he wins" curse continued in the eighth race with a second place finish,

Then, it picked up a bit. Both runners I selected in race 9 ( Midnight Bisou and Elate) ran first and second.   Race 10 we continued to improve with the exacta, trifecta and superfecta when three of my four picks finished in the money and my fourth pick ran fourth. 

We also had the Travers nailed down (Race 11) with the exacta and trifecta when it finished Code of Honor, Tacitus and Mucho Gusto. 

So, I put out 17 horses in all yesterday that I thought might hit the board. 

I had three winners, five seconds and three thirds -- which is 65% of horses selected that hit the board. The trifectas paid OK ($59.50 and $36). The Pick Three for races 9-11 was so-so at $63.50. It got a little better for Races 10-12 ($97.75). 

To slightly alter my theory of it takes money to make money, let's say yesterday was more like "it takes money to lose money". I invested $242 and got back $161.25. Ouch...

If I'd stuck with just Pick Threes, the outlay would have been $138 (on the $1 variety) and a return of the $161.25 mentioned above. Sometimes, it's how you bet them.


paulie
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We recently opened up the site to comments. You know the rules...keep it clean, no bots or spam and don't trash anyone. It's provisional...if it gets stupid, I'll shut down the comments again.